horse blanket question
Shadow Walker
2005-10-21 20:59:07 UTC
Funds are tight, winter is coming on and I can not afford a brand new
horse blanket for my Paso Fino. I bought a used one for $25 dollars, looks
new and only has one small rip in it. Thing is it is too big for him. So I
was wondering if there is a way to adjust it to fit him as in take it in or
something? If I pull the butt up into position I end up with about a foot
extra in front of his chest . Any ideas thanks.

Gina
unknown
2005-10-22 07:18:46 UTC
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:59:07 GMT, "Shadow Walker"
Post by Shadow Walker
Funds are tight, winter is coming on and I can not afford a brand new
horse blanket for my Paso Fino. I bought a used one for $25 dollars, looks
new and only has one small rip in it. Thing is it is too big for him. So I
was wondering if there is a way to adjust it to fit him as in take it in or
something? If I pull the butt up into position I end up with about a foot
extra in front of his chest . Any ideas thanks.
Gina
Hi Gina, is it possible to gather up some spare in the middle and then
stitch it. This is difficult to explain, like a pleat in a curtain but
you stitch it to take up the slack.
w***@ix.netcom.com
2005-11-02 06:45:41 UTC
Post by Shadow Walker
Funds are tight, winter is coming on and I can not afford a brand new
horse blanket for my Paso Fino. I bought a used one for $25 dollars, looks
new and only has one small rip in it. Thing is it is too big for him. So I
was wondering if there is a way to adjust it to fit him as in take it in or
something? If I pull the butt up into position I end up with about a foot
extra in front of his chest . Any ideas thanks.
Gina
Hi Gina:
I was wondering why your horse requires blanketing at all. My vet said
horses are healthier if they are not blanketed in the winter. However,
can you take in some darts on the sides? Do you sew? If not, then I
would ask my local saddle shop about folding over the blanket in the
center and some stitching needs to be done; I bet they would not charge
an arm and a leg for it. Ruth
Shadow Walker
2005-11-07 22:14:00 UTC
My horse suffered a stroke and does not move around like he would normally
in the winter to keep warm. He likes to lay down on the ground and has a
hard time getting up. I was told by my vet to blanket him on cold nights
that are going to bottom out at 40* F. So if he lays down he will have
something between himself and the ground until he can mange to get himself
up and not be cold and cause arthritis. He has already gotten stuck in the
corner
of his stall and been unable to get himself up. So he was moved into a small
pasture so as to help with his getting up and down if he needs assistance.
He still has spirit, runs and plays, eats well and loves to be fussed over.
Just has getting up and down issues.

Gina